Visa and travel restrictions
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued visa and travel restrictions to prevent further COVID-19 outbreak.
Who will be affected?
- Travellers originating from Europe
- All countries that have suspended incoming flights from Bangladesh
- All visa on arrival has been suspended for passengers from All nationalities effective for 2 weeks
- Except for UK, with effect from 16th March 2020 until 31st March 2020 passengers coming from Europe will not be allowed to enter Bangladesh
- All Bangladesh-bound flights originating from countries that have suspended incoming flights from Bangladesh will remain suspended
- All on arrival visas are suspended for two weeks, this is applicable for all incoming passengers of all nationalities
- Travellers arriving from the COVID-19 affected countries will be placed under self-quarantine for two weeks after arrival in Bangladesh. This will continue until further notice
- Diplomatic passport holders with valid visa will be exempted from any restriction
- Foreign nationals staying in Bangladesh with valid visas have the option to extend the visa by 3 months
Santa Fe Analysis
In lieu of the latest measures rolled out, during the time taken to get the swab test results from the authorities, it is advisable to minimize contact with others as a precautionary measure.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers and also to keep business travels to a minimum.
As COVID-19 continues to spread to more countries and infect more people, we recommend practicing hygiene and safety measures first.
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
For more information or assistance, please contact the following :
Immigration Manager – India
Santa Fe Relocation
D : +91 22 450 24527
E : firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.