Client Announcement : A further update on the impact of the COVID-19 in China
RELEASE : 6 March, 2020. As the number of affected cases continues to increase everyday and impact our business operations in Mainland China, below are some key updates from Santa Fe China.
All Santa Fe China offices include Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu and Dalian have resumed normal operations. We are the leading international relocation company who has been consisting helping our customers to relocate in this critical period. You may find more details as:
- Providing service with every precaution
- Customs clearance is now back to normal, and the passport validation process is now more efficient with the strong support of our courier & internal operations team
- There are still possible access delays, challenges with residential access due to local compound regulations preventing access to outside parties. However, Santa Fe will help to communicate with the landlord & compound management to see if Santa Fe is able to pack/unpack with official local government approval documents of work resumption and qualified crew with safety precautions.
- We also recommend clients to use face masks while our packing crews are at residence. All Santa Fe staff will be wearing face masks as per China Government policy.
- Shanghai & Beijing updated their foreign quarantine policies on 3 March as COVID-19 spreads worldwide: citizen from South Korea, Japan, Iran and any other severely affected countries are now required to have a 14-day quarantine upon arrival.
The situation is changing every day and we recommend that you contact us for daily updates. Please always double check with Santa Fe China. Santa Fe Relocation has outstanding storage facilities across Mainland China in order to store goods whenever there is a need. Please let us know should you need a quote.
In order to further implement the first-class response to public health emergencies in Shanghai, protect the life, safety and the physical health of entry-exit personnel, and maintain the normal order of work, the relevant precautions are hereby notified as follows:
- Foreigners who have been in Shanghai for less than 14 days or are in quarantine observation period, should not attend the medical check, please visit here for further detail.
- Beijing, Dalian international travel healthcare center has announced similar precautions. Due to different local authority may have a different practice, please check with Santa Fe before booking your medical check.
- According to the National Immigration Administration announcement on 27 February, foreign nationals working in China in the fields of innovation, entrepreneurship and scientific research, during the epidemic control will have their visa and residence permits automatically extended for two months if their certificates expire during this period. No extension procedure is required, and they can legally stay in China or leave the country during the extended period.
Update on Schools
Although many international schools cannot confirm the school campus reopening date yet, at least one International school has sent out a notification to their staff and students requiring them to be back in Beijing by 15 March for 14 days of home quarantine to be prepared for the school campus opening.
For further information or management escalations please contact,
Managing Director, North Asia
Copyright © Santa Fe Relocation unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.