China | Relaxed quarantine measures for travelers from Macau to China
Effective from 0 a.m., 12th August 2020, travelers from Macau to mainland China, will not be required to undergo the 14 days centralized isolation quarantine.
Who will be affected?
Travelers excluded from this newest directive are confirmed COVID-19 patients, suspected patients, close contacts of confirmed or suspected patients, travelers who have travelled overseas within 14 days.
- Travelers need to hold valid travel documents
- Travelers need to hold negative nucleic acid test results for COVID-19 released within 7 days or valid “health code” including negative nucleic acid test for COVID-19 results information
- Travelers need to cooperate with mainland ports’ entry-exit related inspection
- Travelers who don’t hold negative nucleic acid test results for COVID-19 released within 7 days or valid “health code” including negative nucleic acid test for COVID-19 results information, still need to conduct 14 days centralized isolation quarantine
Health management regulations:
- Travelers need to comply with COVID-19 Prevention and Control Group regulations, all travelers who travel from Macau to mainland China need to commit no overseas travel history within 14 days before they enter mainland China. Follow COVID-19 Prevention and Control Group regulations and local government arrangement.
- Travelers entering mainland China need to submit “People’s Republic of China Exit/Entry Health Declaration Card”. Truthfully declare personal health conditions to the customs and cooperate with health and quarantine work, e.g. temperature monitoring, medical inspections, medical investigation etc. After entering mainland China, if any symptoms appear as fever, cough, fatigue etc. travelers must immediately go to a designated hospital for investigation and treatment and report to the local community and other relevant departments.
Effective from 12th August, 2020, the Exit-Entry administration department of the public security bureau of Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province will resume the application of travel endorsements for residents of Zhuhai city (including residence permits holders, same as below) to travel to Macau. If no special circumstances, effective from 26th August 2020, Guangdong Province exit-entry administration department of the public security will resume the processing of visas for residents of Guangdong Province to travel to Macau.
As the pandemic situation on Mainland China and Macau continues to improve, the exit-entry administration departments of the public security across the country, from 23rd September 2020, will resume handling visitors to Macau for mainland residences endorsement.
In order to cope with the pandemic prevention and control work, applications for entry and exit certificates and endorsements to Macau for people living in the pandemic or high risk areas and travelers with history of residence in pandemic or high risk areas within 14 days, the application will not be accepted.
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe Relocation will monitor the situation closely and provide updated information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Santa Fe Relocation
D: (86-21) 6233 9700 ext. 134
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
M: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.