India | Coronavirus impact on immigration
On the 2nd February 2020, Indian Authorities have temporarily suspended e-visa facility for holders of Chinese passports and applicants of other nationalities residing in the People’s Republic of China. This announcement was made considering the Novel Coronavirus developments.
Who will be affected?
- Chinese Passport holders and Other nationalities residing in People’s Republic of China
- Chinese Nationals and other nationals residing in China holding an already issued e-visa
- Chinese Nationals and other nationals residing in China intending to start assignment in India
- Anyone with travel history in China since 15th January 2020
With the spread of the Novel Coronavirus, a number of countries have temporarily stopped issuing visas to Chinese nationals and have imposed travel ban on visitors from China.
- E-visas are no longer valid for holders of Chinese passports and applicants of other nationalities residing in the People’s Republic of China until further notice
- All facilities for the submission of the online applications for the visa from China are suspended until further notice
- Anyone with travel history in China since 15th January 2020 and from now on could be quarantined
Santa Fe Analysis
As there is no timeline set by the authorities on the entry ban, Chinese citizens and travellers who have been in China may need to reschedule planned travel to India.
For employment visa applicants, employers are advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for the affected travellers. Santa Fe will issue an update once the temporary ban has been lifted.
All those who have compelling reason to travel to India should visit the Embassy of India in Beijing or Consulate of India in Shanghai/Guangzhou or Visa Application centres.
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
India Immigration Manager – India
Santa Fe Relocation
D : +91 22 450 24527
E : Roshni.Ramachandran@santaferelo.com
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D : +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M : +27 (0) 83 677 7949
E : Paolo.Longo@santaferelo.com
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.