Extension of the Precautionary Restriction Measures until 30 November 2020
The Indian Government has extended the lockdown period until 30 November 2020 as a precautionary measure.
Who will be affected?
- All residents in India
- Regular visa, e-visa or stay stipulation (All foreign nationals)
- The Central Government has relaxed the Lockdown across the country while the containment zones are extended until 30 November 2020, with some States laying out restrictions based on their risk profile.
- Central Government has launched ‘Vande Bharat’ scheme and Air Transport Bubbles arrangements to enable inward/outward movement of international passengers (both Indian and foreigners). Presently 21 countries fall under the Air Transport Bubbles arrangement.
- These instructions are in addition to the travel restrictions/ advisories already issued and under implementation.
For additional details regarding arrival procedures when entering India, please check:
Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) for travel on Vande Bharat and Air Transport Bubble flights
- Persons interested in traveling to India on Vande Bharat flights, will register themselves with the Indian Missions in the country where they are stranded/residing, along with necessary details as prescribed by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Registration may not be required on flights operating under Air Transport Bubbles arrangements.
• Vande Bharat Mission : https://www.mea.gov.in/vande-bharat-mission-list-of-flights.htm
• Air Transport Bubbles Arrangement: https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/about-air-transport-bubbles
• SOP for travel on Vande Bharat Scheme and Air Transport Bubble Arrangement: https://www.mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/MHASOP_22082020.pdf
Santa Fe Analysis
In lieu of the latest measures rolled out, during the time taken to get the swab test results from the authorities, it is advisable to minimize contact with others as a precautionary measure.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers and to keep business travels to a minimum.
Check in with your closest Indian Mission for guidance on travel to India or your local Santa Fe office.
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
India Immigration Manager
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +91 22 450 24527
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.