Lockdown extended until 3rd May 2020
On 14th April 2020 the Prime Minister of India announced the extension of the lockdown in India until 3rd May 2020. Further guidelines and directives will the published accordingly by the Ministry and BOI.
Who will be affected:
- All residents in India.
- Regular visa, e-visa or stay stipulation (All foreign nationals).
- Until 20th April 2020, every town, district and state will be examined carefully and assessed as to how the area has dealt and managed with COVID-19. In areas that have shown improvement measures may be loosened.
- No scheduled international commercial aircraft’s are authorised to land in India.
- No domestic flights are authorised.
- Visas of all foreign nationals already in India remain valid. They may contact the nearest FRRO/FRO through e-FRRO module for extension/conversion of their visa or grant of any consular service.
- Visa services granted on account of COVID-19 are free.
- Visa will be extended until 3rd May 2020.
- These instructions are in addition to the travel restrictions/ advisories already issued and implemented.
Santa Fe Analysis:
In light of the latest measures and as a precaution it is advisable to minimise contact with others during the trip taken to get the swab test results from the authorities.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment starting dates flexible for affected travellers and also to keep business travels to a minimum.
As COVID-19 continues to spread to more countries and infect more people, we recommend practising hygiene and safety measures first.
Santa Fe Relocation provides the full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
India Immigration Manager
Santa Fe Relocation Services
Direct: +91 22 450 24527
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our Immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.