India | Containment zones lockdown extended till 31 August 2020
The Indian Government has extended the lockdown period until 31 August 2020, dependent upon developing risk factors.
Who will be affected?
- All residents in India
- Regular visa, e-visa or stay stipulation (All foreign nationals)
- The Central Government has relaxed the Lockdown across the country while the containment zones are extended until 31 August 2020, with some States laying out restrictions based on their risk profile
- All travellers from any country except for diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, are suspended until prohibition on international air travel of passengers from/to India is lifted by the Government of India
- In cases of compelling reasons for travel to India, the visa holders should contact the nearest Indian Mission for review of their personal circumstance and guidance on travel to India
- No scheduled international commercial passenger aircraft are authorized to fly until further notice from authorities
- Limited domestic flights are authorized to fly
- Visas of all foreign nationals already in India remain valid. They may contact the nearest FRRO/FRO through e-FRRO module for extension/ conversion of their visa or grant of any consular service
- Visa services granted on account of COVID-19 are free
- Visa will be granted extension for 30 days from the date of lifting prohibition on international air travel without levy of overstay penalty. Exit permit is granted on request
- OCI card holders who intend to visit India for compelling reasons should contact the nearest Indian Mission
- In case of person holding OCI card who is already in India, the OCI card shall remain valid for their stay in India for any length of time
- These instructions are in addition to the travel restrictions/ advisories already issued and under implementation.
For additional details regarding arrival procedures when entering India, please check: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/RevisedguidelinesforInternationalArrivals02082020.pdf
Santa Fe Analysis
In lieu of the latest measures rolled out, during the time taken to get the swab test results from the authorities, it is advisable to minimize contact with others as a precautionary measure.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers and also to keep business travels to a minimum.
Check in with your closest Indian Mission for guidance on travel to India
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
India Immigration Manager
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +91 22 450 24527
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.