Immigration update: India | Lockdown further extended till 30th June 2020
The lockdown in India has been extended until 30th June 2020 for containment zones.
Who will be affected:
- + All residents in India
- + Regular visa, e-visa or stay stipulation (All foreign nationals)
- + Central Government has relaxed the Lockdown across the country while the containment zones are extended until 30th June 2020.
- + Some state governments have laid out restrictions based on risk profiles.
- + All travellers of any country except for diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stands suspended until prohibition on international air travel of passengers from/to India is lifted by the Government of India.
- + No scheduled international commercial passenger aircraft are authorized to fly.
- + Limited domestic flights are authorized to fly.
- + Visas of all foreign nationals already in India remain valid. They may contact the nearest FRRO/FRO through e-FRRO module for extension/ conversion of their visa or grant of any consular service.
- + Visa services granted on account of COVID-19 are free.
- + Visa will be granted extension for 30 days from the date of lifting prohibition on international air travel without levy of overstay penalty. Exit permit is granted on request.
- + OCI card holders who intend to visit India for compelling reasons should contact the nearest Indian Mission.
- + In case of person holding OCI card who are already in India, the OCI card shall remain valid for their stay in India for any length of time.
- + These instructions are in addition to the travel restrictions/ advisories already issued and under implementation.
Santa Fe Analysis:
- + In lieu of the latest measures rolled out, during the time taken to get the swab test results from the authorities, it is advisable to minimize contact with others as a precautionary measure.
- + For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers and also to keep business travels to a minimum.
- + As COVID-19 continues to spread to more countries and infect more people, we recommend practicing hygiene and safety measures first.
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
India Immigration Manager
Santa Fe Relocation Services
Direct: +91 22 450 24527
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.