New restrictions for travellers from the United Kingdom
Considering the current situation in India, the government has published new restrictions for travellers from the United Kingdom.
Who will be affected?
- All residents in India
- Regular visa, e-visa or stay stipulation (All foreign nationals)
- Suspended all the flights originating from UK to India till 31st December 2020 (23.59hrs)
- This suspension to start with immediate effect 23.59 hrs, 22nd December 2020
- Consequently, flights from India to the United Kingdom shall stand temporarily suspended until 31st December, 2020
- Mandatory RT-PCR test conducted on arrival for all passengers arriving from the United Kingdom in all transit flights (flights that have taken off or flights which are reaching India before 22nd December at 23.59 hrs)
- These instructions are in addition to the travel restrictions/ advisories already issued and under implementation
Santa Fe Analysis
In lieu of the latest measures rolled out, during the time taken to get the swab test results from the authorities, it is advisable to minimize contact with others as a precautionary measure.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers and also to keep business travels to a minimum.
As COVID-19 continues to spread to more countries and infect more people, we recommend practicing hygiene and safety measures first.
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
India Immigration Manager
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +91 22 450 24527
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.