Travel restrictions related to COVID-19
Bureau of Immigration in India has issued additional travel restrictions to prevent further COVID-19 outbreak. This notice is issued on 16th March and 17th March 2020 (Additional to the notice issued on 11th March 2020).
Who will be affected
- Travel of passengers from Afghanistan, Philippines, Malaysia is prohibited with immediate effect
- Passengers coming from/transiting through UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Kuwait. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 18th March 2020 at the port of first departure.
- Travel of passengers from European Union, the European Free Trade Association, Turkey and United Kingdom is prohibited with effect from 18th March 2020.
- Travellers from Afghanistan, Philippines, Malaysia to India is prohibited with immediate effect. No flight shall take off from these countries to India after 1500 hours Indian Standard Time (IST).
- Compulsory quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days for passengers coming from/transiting through UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Kuwait. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 18th March 2020 at the port of first departure.
- Travellers from European Union, the European Free Trade Association, Turkey and United Kingdom to India is prohibited with effect from 18th March 2020. No airline shall board a passenger from these nations to India with effect from 1200 GMT on 18th March 2020.
These instructions are temporary measures to prevent spread on COVID-19 and shall be enforced till 31st March 2020 and will be reviewed subsequently by the Bureau of Immigration and Ministry of Health.
Santa Fe Analysis
In lieu of the latest measures rolled out, during the time taken to get the swab test results from the authorities, it is advisable to minimise contact with others as a precautionary measure.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers and also to keep business travels to a minimum.
As COVID-19 continues to spread to more countries and infect more people, we recommend practising hygiene and safety measures first.
For more information
Ministry of Health: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/TravelAdvisory16thMarch.pdf
Ministry of Health: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/TravelAdvisory17thMarch.pdf
Bureau of Immigration: https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-travel-and-visa-restrictions-related-covid-19-0
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation is a Global Mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees as well as individuals and their families to relocate and settle in new places. These services are delivered to a consistently high standard, locally and globally, and managed through our own operations around the world. For more information, visit us at santaferelo.com.