Additional information on entry requirements to Indonesia
The Ministry of Human Affairs have released a circular letter HK.02.01/MENKES/338/2020 on the health protocols for the handling of returning Indonesian citizens and foreign arrivals at Soekarno-Hatta Airport Jakarta and Juanda Airport Surabaya.
Who will be affected?
– Returning Indonesian citizens
– Returning Residence Permit Holders
– Arrival of foreigners exempted from Indonesia travel restriction
For Foreigners Carrying health certificates and negative COVID-19 PCR Test, the following protocols shall be implemented:
- Additional health checks at the port of entry will be performed by the Port Health Authority
- If testing results show no health risk, the Port Health Authority will provide a health clearance and issue a Health Alert Card for the traveller
- Travellers will be allowed to continue their journey to their respective destinations by bringing a travel permit from the local COVID-19 handling task force
- Travellers will be required to perform a 14-day self-quarantine in their respective residence
- A foreign traveller’s health clearance shall be submitted to the respective representative of their country to be forwarded to the District Health Department for monitoring
- If the foreign traveller has no country representative in Indonesia or at their destination, they are required to report to the local Port Health Authority
For Foreigners without any health certificate, or carry health certificate issued longer than 7 days prior to arrival, or health certificates that do not prove negative PCR examination result, the following protocol shall be implemented:
- Additional health checks at the Port Health Authority including a Rapid test
- If travellers show reactive Rapid Test results or symptoms, they will be referred to the local emergency hospital or referral hospital
- If travellers shows non-reactive Rapid Test results, quarantine and PCR test shall be performed at a facility determined by the COVID-19 Task Force until the PCR test result emerges. Fees and charges incurred will be borne by the traveller or respective institutions acting as a sponsor to the individual.
Santa Fe Recommendation
Santa Fe advises travellers to bring a COVID-19 PCR negative test results issued within 7 days prior arrival to avoid testing and quarantine requirements by the Indonesian authorities.
As protocols regarding COVID-19 spread prevention changes at a rapid pace, please contact Santa Fe prior entering Indonesia for the latest update.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Corporate Services Manager
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +62 21 2961 2990
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
M:+44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.