Additional measures of the Indonesian Government in relation of the COVID-19 response
Press statement by Indonesian Foreign Minister on additional measures in relation of the COVID-19 Response.
Advice for Indonesian Citizens
The Government advises all Indonesian citizens to restrict non-essential outbound travel and for those currently abroad, to return to Indonesia at the earliest to avoid further travel disruptions.
Advice for Foreigners
- The Indonesian Government is suspending Visa Exemption policy for Short-Stay Visit, Visa on Arrival, Diplomatic Visa Fee facilities for all countries, for a period of one-month.
- Foreign travellers who wish to visit Indonesia must obtain a visa from Indonesian missions abroad in accordance with the purpose of visit. Upon submission, applicants must provide a health certificate issued by relevant health authorities from their respective countries.
- Measures for visitors from China remain in effect, in accordance with the statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs ion 2 February 2020. Summary can be found here: https://www.santaferelo.com/en/mobility-insights/news-and-blog/immigration-update-indonesia-preventive-measure-of-coronavirus/
- Second measures for visitors from South Korea & Iran, in accordance with the Statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs on 5 March will remain in effect. Summary can be found here: https://www.santaferelo.com/en/mobility-insights/news-and-blog/immigration-update-indonesia-travel-restrictions-due-to-covid-19/
- Entry & transit to Indonesia for travellers who have been in the below countries 14 days prior to arrival will be denied:
3. Vatican City
8. United Kingdom
- All travellers/visitors must complete and submit a Health Alert Card to the Port of Health Authority upon arrival at Indonesian Immigration Checkpoints. If travellers have travelled to the above countries within 14 days prior to arrival, Immigration officer may refuse entry to Indonesia.
- Extension of Short-Visit Pass for foreign travellers currently in Indonesia and have expired shall be conducted in accordance with the regulation of Ministry of Human Rights No. 7 of 2020, which states that emergency Stay Permit may be granted for Chinese Citizens, Foreigners holding Stay Permit in China, and to Spouse & Children of a Chinese Citizen.
- If travellers are showing initial symptoms of COVID-19 during initial screening, a 14-day observation in a government facility will be applied.
The measures above will take effect on Friday 20 March, 2020 at 00:00 Western Indonesia Time (GMT+7). These measures are temporary and shall be evaluated based on further development.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Corporate Services Manager – Indonesia
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +62 21 2961 2990
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.