Immigration update: Indonesia | Travel restrictions for foreign travellers
The Ministry of Law & Human Rights have released Regulation No. 11 of 2020 on travel restrictions for foreign travellers to Indonesia to further prevent the outbreak of COVID-19.
Who will be affected?
- All foreign travellers who wish to travel or transit into Indonesia.
- Current foreigners in Indonesia.
Effective 2 April 2020, the authorities have restricted all foreign travellers to enter or transit through Indonesia with the below exceptions:
- Residence Permit (ITAS Online) and Permanent Residence Permit (ITAP Online) holders;
- Service and Diplomatic Visa holders;
- Service and Diplomatic Residence Permit holders;
- Humanitarian workers;
- Ship and aircraft crew;
- Foreigner workers on the National Strategic Projects.
Those travellers who are exempted from the travel restriction are required to provide:
- Health certificate from health authorities from their origin country;
- Have been in locations with no COVID-19 case for at least 14 days prior to entering Indonesia; and
- Declaration letter of willingness to be quarantined for 14 days arranged by the Indonesian authorities.
Foreigners currently in Indonesia:
Foreigners who are currently in Indonesia whose visa or stay permit is expired or renewal cannot be processed at the District Immigration Office will be granted an automatic emergency stay permit free, of government fees. Once the authorities have declared the COVID-19 pandemic is over, extension of stay permits will be processed as per normal regulation.
For work permit holders whose Stay Permit (ITAS Online) renewal cannot be processed and are granted an automatic emergency stay permit, work activities are prohibited until the ITAS Online have been renewed.
Santa Fe Recommendation:
With the implementation of this Ministry of Law and Human Rights regulation, previous regulations is no longer in effect. The summary of previous regulations can be found here:
As there is no timeline set by the authorities on the travel restrictions, travellers affected by the restriction will be required to reschedule travel to Indonesia.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Corporate Services Manager
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +62 21 2961 2990
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
M:+44 7990 021125
About our Immigration Services
Our Immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.