The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan released an announcement on the new immigration program for new entries into Japan from all countries around the world.
Who will be affected?
All new entries into Japan for long-term status, foreign students, and entry for business purposes for 3 months.
From 10:00am, Monday, 8th November 2021, the Japanese immigration authorities have mitigated border controls and are allowing new entries into Japan from countries all around the world under the below conditions:
- The inviter/employer in Japan is required to submit an application for entry permission for the new comers to the designated authorities in Japan in advance of their arrival.
- After the entry permission is issued by the designated authorities, the inviter/employer in Japan shall forward the entry permission to the person who is going to enter Japan, and the person is required to submit a visa application to the local Japanese embassy by using this entry permission and other required documents by the embassy.
New entries who have received a 2 x COVID vaccination and holding a valid certificate
For persons who have received a 2 x COVID vaccination and holding a valid certificate, the quarantine time is allowed to be shortened to 3 days under the below conditions:
- No travel record to regions which are listed as high-risk areas
- Holding a valid vaccination certificate which meets all the requirements by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
- Received an entry permission from the designated authorities in Japan in advance.
- Received a PCR test at end of the 3rd day of quarantine and submit the negative report to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
- Conduct activities based on activity plan pre-approved by the authorities and inviter/employer in Japan is responsible for managing the person’s activities.
Effective Monday, 8th November 2021
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe Relocation will monitor the situation closely and provide updated information once available.
Should you have any questions regarding entry or if your visa meets the approved list prior to entry, please contact the following:
Santa Fe Relocation
D +(81-3) 3589 4029
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.