The Immigration Department of Malaysia has confirmed the exemption of those who have obtained pass approval applications, to enter Malaysia.
Who are affected:
The category of the passes entitled for this exemption are as follows:
- Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependant(s)
- Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Dependant Pass to expatriate for all categories
- Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP) to expatriate for all categories
- Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
However, this exemption is not applicable for:
- Short-Term Business Travellers
- Diplomat and foreign staff of Embassies including their dependants and their new foreign maids
MYEntry / MYTravelpass is an online platform which enables the public and relevant Malaysian Government stakeholders, including Malaysian embassies abroad, to apply, process, monitor and track applications in real-time.
Santa Fe Analysis
- This applies to individuals listed above with newly approved passes and seeking to enter Malaysia
- This applies to individuals listed above whose pass renewal has been approved and currently outside of Malaysia
- We expect a shorter processing time to enter Malaysia for applicants as the exemption will reduce the processing time by 1 – 2 weeks
How Santa Fe can assist
Santa Fe can support on the above process by vetting the relevant documentations for accuracy and compliance to provide you with peace of mind. We may also guide you on any additional questions you may have on this process.
Santa Fe can also support your business with any immigration compliance and advisory issues concerning your expatriate population. We can review current employees’ visas and assist with necessary advice or solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with the Malaysian Immigration Act and Regulations.
We will also keep your business updated on ongoing developments on all Malaysian immigration matters and will advise on any changes requiring your attention.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 19 600 6900
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.