We refer to the announcement by the Prime Minister of Malaysia regarding the reinstatement of the Movement Control Order (MCO) in five states and Federal Territories beginning 13th January 2021. Please refer to the announcement here.
Who are affected?
Expatriates on EP (All categories), their dependents and maids.
Malaysia entered a recovery phase regarding the COVID19 pandemic. The order related to this is made under the Prevention Act and Infectious Disease Control 1988 and Police Act 1967.
The Government of Malaysia has announced to reinstate the Movement Control Order (MCO) from 13th January 2021 until the 26th January 2021. This has been further extended to the 4th February 2021.
Operation hours for Expats Center, Cyberjaya (MDEC Counters) from Monday, 25th January 2021.
• Online application of Approval Stage will continue to be processed.
• Companies are required to make an online appointment via https://mdec.my/expats/contact/ for any transactions with the Expats Centre.
• All online appointments that have been booked from 25th January 2021 are valid and companies can go to the Expats Centre according to the booked slot.
• The Expats Centre seeks your cooperation to prioritize your application since they are operating with minimal staff and to comply with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) set out by government.
• Companies may walk-in to the Expats Centre for collection of passport ONLY.
• Delays in processing applications to be anticipated as MDEC is operating with limited resources and support.
Effective from 25th January 2021 to 4th February 2021.
How Santa Fe can assist
We are closely monitoring the situation and will provide an update when possible.
Santa Fe can support your business with any immigration compliance and advisory issues concerning your expatriate population. We can review current employees’ visas and assist with necessary advice or solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with the Malaysian Immigration Act and Regulations.
We will also keep your business updated on ongoing developments on all Malaysian immigration matters and will advise on any changes requiring your attention.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 19 600 6900
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.