The Malaysian government has lifted entry restrictions for nationals from the 5 countries that were restricted previously which include Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Who are affected?
Expatriates on EP (All categories), their dependents and their maids.
In May, Malaysia imposed a travel ban on citizens of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Nepal. ( click here )
The move followed a temporary ban on flights from and to the listed 5 countries to stop any new Covid-19 variants from entering Malaysia.
The order related to this is made under the Prevention Act and Infectious Disease Control 1988 and Police Act 1967.
• Applications that were put on hold for expatriates who are residing in these countries can resume as normal
• Applications can be submitted to MYTravelPass or MYEntry for approval
• Malaysian permanent residents, long term pass holders, business travellers and investors will have to obtain prior entry approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia through MyTravelPass or MyEntry (https://www.imi.gov.my). However, permission to enter Malaysia is subject to the decision and discretion of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
• All travellers who have obtained entry approvals through MYEntry , MYTravelPass, or other entry approvals will need to adhere to the following requirements set by the Ministry of Health (MOH) to curb the spread of COVID-19:
- Fully vaccinated
- COVID-19 PCR test during arrival
Please be reminded that the above measures will be reviewed on a regular basis by the Government of Malaysia.
Effective from 20th September 2021
How Santa Fe can assist
We are closely monitoring the situation and will provide an update when possible.
Santa Fe can support your business with any immigration compliance and advisory issues concerning your expatriate population. We can review current employees’ visas and assist with necessary advice or solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with the Malaysian Immigration Act and Regulations.
We will also keep your business updated on ongoing developments on all Malaysian immigration matters and will advise on any changes requiring your attention.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 19 600 6900
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.