Update on Long Term Visit Pass (Social) and Transfer of Endorsement Applications
The Immigration Department of Malaysia has provided an update on The Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) and the Transfer of Endorsement (ToE) applications effective immediately.
Who will be affected?
All Expatriates and their dependants who currently have valid Passes in Malaysia and Expatriates who plan to bring Children to Malaysia aged 25 and older, will be impacted.
Effective immediately, Immigration Department of Malaysia has implemented the following updates to all Expatriates and Dependants in Malaysia:
1. Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP)
- The government fee charges for endorsement of the LTSVP has been changed to RM90 per year, as compared to RM50 per month.
- The validity of the LTSVP, per submission is still 12 months.
- The maximum age for children to apply for LTSVP is 25 years old, except for children with a disability. Children above 25 years old, without a disability, will not be eligible for a LTSVP.
2. Transfer of Endorsement (ToE)
- All Expatriates and dependants who have obtained new passports must complete the ToE process immediately to enable the current Pass to be transferred to their new passports.
- Current Pass in the old passport will become invalid once the old passport is cancelled.
The new requirements under the LTSVP will impact all assignees wanting to relocate with their dependants, aged 25 years and older.
Expatriates and the dependants are required to complete the ToE process immediately to avoid having any difficulty to renew their Passes as this may impact their future travel plans.
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe Consultants will advise Expatriates who are affected by the above updates, on a case by case basis. Children above the age of 25 years old could opt for a Student Visa if they wish to remain in Malaysia for a long duration.
After completion of an application, Santa Fe Consultants will remind the Expatriate to inform us whenever they have obtained new passports, so we can immediately proceed with the ToE process.
For more information or assistance please contact:
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 3 7805 4322 Ext. 216
M: +60 19 601 6900
Head of Immigration – APMEA
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +65 6398 3520
M: +65 9169 6061
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation is a global mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees relocate and settle in a new country, assisting them with immigration, home and school searches, language and cultural training, property rentals, and domestic and international household goods shipments. We provide these services to a consistently high standard, locally and globally. A key strength is our ability to manage these services through our own operations around the world. Santa Fe Relocation Services is wholly owned by the Santa Fe Group, which is listed on NASDAQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit us at www.santaferelo.com