We refer to the announcement by the Prime Minister of Malaysia regarding the reinstatement of the Movement Control Order (MCO) in five states and Federal Territories beginning 13th January 2021.
Who are affected?
Expatriates on EP (All categories), their dependents and maids.
Malaysia had entered a recovery phase regarding the COVID19 pandemic. The order related to this is made under the Prevention Act and Infectious Disease Control 1988 and Police Act 1967. The RMCO was to end on the 31st December 2020, however it has been extended to 31st March 2021.
The Government of Malaysia has announced to reinstate the Movement Control Order (MCO) from 13th January 2021 until the 26th January 2021 for the following states:
• Kuala Lumpur
a) Operating hours for Expats Center, Cyberjaya (MDEC Counters)
13th January to 15th January 2021, Wednesday to Friday, 8am until 12noon
18th January 2021 until MCO is lifted, Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am until 12noon
• Online application of Approval Stage will continue to be processed.
• Online appointments that have been booked will be automatically cancelled.
• Companies may proceed to book a new slot after MCO.
• Companies may walk-in to eXpats Service Centre (MDEC) for collection of passport and submission of urgent/emergency application only.
• Companies must observe the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) imposed by the authorities and adhere to the SOPs which have been set by eXpats Service Centre to contain the Covid-19 outbreak.
• Delays in processing applications to be anticipated as MDEC is operating with limited resources and support.
b) Operating hours for MYExpats Center ( ESD Counters)
18th January 2021 until MCO is lifted, Monday to Friday, 9am until 4pm
• All application processes will operate as usual through online systems.
• All appointments will be held ONLINE only, with no physical/in-person appointments until further notice.
• Delays in processing applications to be anticipated as MyExpats Center is operating with limited resources and support.
Effective from 13th January 2021 to 26th January 2021
How Santa Fe can assist
We are closely monitoring the situation and will provide an update when possible.
Santa Fe can support your business with any immigration compliance and advisory issues concerning your expatriate population. We can review current employees’ visas and assist with necessary advice or solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with the Malaysian Immigration Act and Regulations.
We will also keep your business updated on ongoing developments on all Malaysian immigration matters and will advise on any changes requiring your attention.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 19 600 6900
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.