Malaysia | New Features and Charges at the MYXpats Centre
Effective 1 June 2019, the MYXpats Centre will implement new features and charges for skilled expatriate Employment Pass and Professional Visit Pass applications submitted through the Expatriate Services Division.
Who will be affected?
All Malaysian companies that submit applications through the Expatriates Services Division.
New features and charges at the MYXpats Centre will be implemented from 1 June 2019 onwards. The new charges will be reflected on the relevant transactions via the MYXpats Portal.
Impact on Features
Features that are being implemented by the MYXpats Centre are as follows:
- Immigration fee can be paid via the Online Payment (Internet Banking, Credit or Debit Card) on the MYXpats Portal.
- Transfer of Endorsement and Cancellation of Passes applications could be submitted via the MYXpats Portal.
- Implementation of the MYHelp System for online support chat between companies and the MYXpats Centre’s Helpdesk officers.
- File sizes up to 20Mb can be uploaded in the MYXpats Portal for each of the attachments.
- MYXpats Centre will establish a Kiosk station facility and branches in Penang and Johor.
- MYXpats Centre is aiming to improve the customer online experience by improving features on the portal and the existing process.
- Issuance of a simplified handbook on top of the detailed version of the MYXpats Guidebook.
Impact on Charges
Please see the below table with the new charges to the MYXpats Centre:
|Type of Services||Fees (with 6% SST)|
|Before 1 June 2019||After 1 June 2019|
|Long Term Social Visit Pass|
Note: Children above 18 – 25 years (Biological/Adopted/Step Child) & Parents/Parents-in-law
|Professional Visit Pass|
Note: Except for Invited Lecturer, Invited Professor, Visiting Professor & Visitor Lecturer
|Transfer of Endorsement & Cancellation of Passes||Nil||Nil|
- MYXpats Centre shall refund 60% of the Application charges for rejected applications. This is subjected to the MYXpats Centre’s Terms and Conditions.
- The amount stated above is excluding the Immigration service fees.
Santa Fe Analysis
Clients should take note of the new charges payable to the MYXpats Centre as there is a significant increase in the amount which companies may need to consider when planning to bring in expatriates to Malaysia.
For more information or assistance please contact:
Immigration Manager – Malaysia
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 3 7805 4322 Ext. 216
M: +60 19 601 6900
Head of Immigration – APMEA
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +65 6398 3520
M: +65 9169 6061
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation Services is a global mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees relocate and settle in a new country, assisting them with immigration, home and school searches, language and cultural training, property rentals, and domestic and international household goods shipments. We provide these services to a consistently high standard, locally and globally. A key strength is our ability to manage these services through our own operations around the world. Santa Fe Relocation Services is wholly owned by the Santa Fe Group, which is listed on NASDAQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit us at www.santaferelo.com
Immigration Update: Thailand | New Requirements – Medical Certificate for Work Permit Application under BOI, IEAT and DMF
Immigration update: Malaysia | New requirements – Dependent pass for newly born child (born in Malaysia)
Immigration update: South Africa | Visa waivers introduced for travellers from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and New Zealand