The Immigration authorities in Malaysia have introduced a new process for pass endorsement that enables passports to be endorsed efficiently without retaining the passport for a lengthy period of time.
Who are affected?
Pass holders in Malaysia (EP/DP/LTSVP) who need their pass to be endorsed with the sticker for stage 2 visa process.
The Immigration Department of Malaysia will impose new services for endorsement at the ESD Satellite Centre (ESC), Kuala Lumpur International Airport 1 (KLIA1). The ESD Satellite Centre (ESC) at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 1 (KLIA 1) to provide services to eligible pass holders under the ESD jurisdiction, so that they may obtain their Endorsed Pass before going into their mandatory quarantine as required by the authorities of Malaysia.
The company must initiate online endorsement process and must upload documents for endorsement purpose. Please refer to Santa Fe for the checklist of documents to be uploaded.
The company authorised representative may take the original passport to Immigration to be affixed with the pass sticker.
- With the implementation of the new endorsement process, the company must observe the following:
- For individuals (Expats) outside of Malaysia, the company may initiate online endorsement once the individual has entered Malaysia and entry stamp has been uploaded into the system.
- The company’s authorised representatives may bring the original passport within 5 working days after receiving the notification that the pass sticker is ready to be affixed on the passport.
- The company is required to make an online appointment for collection of pass sticker at the Immigration counters.
- The company must ensure that the passport is in a good condition to affix the sticker.
This will reduce the need for physical documents, eliminate in-person payments, and reduce visits to the Immigration Department and MYXpats Centre.
This new process will eliminate the Immigration Department from retaining the passport from 1st December 2021, for submission of endorsement.
Effective from 1st December 2021.
How Santa Fe can assist
Santa Fe can assist on endorsement process online and for the collection / delivery of passports to/from the Immigration Department.
Santa Fe can support your business with any immigration compliance and advisory issues concerning your expatriate population. We can review current employees’ visas and assist with necessary advice or solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with the Malaysian Immigration Act and Regulations.
We will also keep your business updated on ongoing developments on all Malaysian immigration matters and will advise on any changes requiring your attention.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 19 600 6900
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.