Malaysia | Recovery movement order control
Malaysia has entered a recovery phase for the COVID-19 pandemic. The order related to this is made under the Prevention Act and Infectious Disease Control 1988 and Police Act 1967.
Who will be affected?
Travellers who are travelling into Malaysia, employment pass holders, their dependents and maids.
The announcement was made by Government via various press conferences confirming the recovery phase of the COVID-19 situation in Malaysia.
The immigration authorities have announced the entry permission (without applying for prior permission from the DGIM (Director General of Immigration Malaysia) for the following pass categories:
• EP1 & Dependants
• RP-T & Dependants
• The foreign maids of the above categories
Also, expatriates who are EP2 and EP3 category pass holders and their dependents need to apply permission from the DGIM Malaysian Immigration Department (MYID) before making travel arrangements to Malaysia.
Conditions of entry:
• COVID-19 through the PCR COVID-19 test are not required before travelling into Malaysia. The test will be done here, at the airport in Malaysia. The cost for the test is RM240 for citizens of Malaysia and RM430 for non citizens of Malaysia.
• Points to note before travel:
1) To install and download “MySejahtera” app and complete the relevant details. This is to ensure that you do not have connectivity issue at the airport during arrival and have the app ready on your mobile phone.
For Android Users :
For iOS Users:
2) To download a copy of LOU to be completed and presented to the immigration authorities upon arrival to avoid inconvenience. The form can be downloaded at:
• Entry is only permitted for those holding a valid pass or an approved pass (EP1 &DP, EP2 &DP, EP3, RP-T &DP and PVP)
• Quarantine is applicable for 14 days at the government designated quarantine centres at the cost of RM150 per day.
Santa Fe Analysis
Clients may check with us for further questions and we will liaise with authorities or provide workaround for each unique case.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 19 601 6900
Group Head of Immigration Operation
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.