Announcement on extension of the Precautionary Restriction Measures until 30 November 2020
Announcement dated on 27 October 2020, Myanmar Government has announced the extension of the Precautionary Restriction Measures related to Control of COVID-19 pandemic until 30 November 2020.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar had previously issued and extended the following announcement regarding the temporary entry restrictions for visitors from all countries which are in force till 31 October 2020.
In order to continue its effective measures to protect the population in the country from the risks of importation and spread of COVID-19, the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has now extended the aforementioned entry restriction measures until 30 November 2020.
Who will be affected?
- Myanmar nationals incoming from all countries.
- All foreign travellers to Myanmar except for diplomats accredited to Myanmar, United Nations officials who resides in Myanmar and crew of ships and aircraft operating to and from Myanmar.
As per this announcement, the previously issued restrictions and precautionary measures are extended until 30 November 2020.
Mandated 7-day facility quarantine and 7-day home quarantine
- All Travelers are required to present a negative Polymerise Chain Reaction (“PCR”) test as laboratory evidence of the absence of COVID-19 infection issued prior to the date of travel to Myanmar.
- All Travelers are required to be subjected to a 7-day home quarantine prior to the date of travel and required to present the acknowledgement letter of 7-day home quarantine completion issued by Local Authorities within 72 hours, before boarding any flights to Myanmar.
- The Myanmar authorities will be assessing all travelers for a mandated 7-day facility quarantine upon entry to Myanmar. After the 7-day facility quarantine, if the traveller shows a negative result following a nasal swab test a 7-day home quarantine is required.
If the traveler is not able to produce laboratory evidence of the negative PCR test and 7-day home quarantine acknowledgment letter, they may be denied boarding or entry into Myanmar.
In case of urgent official missions or if there are compelling reasons, foreign nationals, including diplomats and United Nations officials, who wish to travel to Myanmar, may contact the nearest Myanmar Mission for possible exception regarding certain visa restrictions. However, all visitors must abide by existing directives issued by the Ministry of Health and Sports relating to the prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Air Travel Restrictions
The authorities have further extended the effective period of the Temporary Measures to Myanmar through Air Travel up to 30 November 2020.
Santa Fe Analysis
Travelers who wish to enter Myanmar until 30 November 2020 should keep travel dates flexible. Employers who wish to employ foreigners may also need to revise assignment start dates accordingly.
Due to the dynamic environment surrounding the COVID-19 situation, you may also wish to visit the following links for the latest information pertaining to any developments in advisory notices from the relevant government bodies:
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Nyein Nyein Thu
Relocation and Immigration Account Manager
Santa Fe Relocation
D: + 95 9 300 88 196
Group Head of Immigration Operation
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.