Announcement on extension of the Precautionary Restriction Measures until 15 June 2020
Effective from 01 June 2020, Myanmar Government has announced the extension of the Precautionary Restriction Measures related to Control of COVID-19 Pandemic until 15 June 2020.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has previously issued and extended the following announcements regarding the temporary entry restrictions for visitors from all countries which are in force till 31 May 2020.
In order to continue its effective measures to protect the populations in the country from the risks of importation and spread of COVID-19, the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has now extended the aforementioned entry restriction measures until 15 June 2020.
Who will be affected?
- Myanmar nationals incoming from all countries
- All Foreign travellers to Myanmar except for diplomats accredited to Myanmar, United Nations officials who resides in Myanmar and crew of ships and aircraft operating to and from Myanmar
As per this announcement, the following previously issued restrictions and precautionary measures have been extended until 15 June 2020.
- Announcement dated 15 Mar 2020 regarding precautionary measures for all travelers visiting Myanmar. Details can be found here
- Announcement dated 20 Mar 2020 regarding additional precautionary measures for travelers visiting Myanmar and temporary suspension of issuance of visa on arrival and e-Visa. Details can be found here:
- Announcement dated 24 Mar 2020 regarding additional precautionary for travelers from all countries visiting Myanmar. Details can be found here
- Announcement dated 28 Mar 2020 regarding temporary suspension of all types of visas. Details can be found here
Mandated 21-day facility quarantine and 7-day home quarantine
The authorities will be assessing all travellers for a mandated 21-day facility quarantine and 7-day home quarantine upon entry to Myanmar.
Air Travel Restrictions
The authorities have further extended the effective period of the Temporary Measures to Myanmar through Air Travel up to 15 June 2020.
Santa Fe Analysis
Travelers who wish to enter Myanmar until 15 June 2020 should keep travel dates flexible. Employers who wish to employ foreigners may also need to revise assignment start dates accordingly.
Due to the dynamic environment surrounding the COVID-19 situation, you may also wish to visit the following links for the latest information pertaining to any developments in advisory notices from the relevant government bodies:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Myanmar
Ministry of Health and Sports Myanmar
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Nyein Nyein Thu
Relocation and Immigration Account Manager
Santa Fe Relocation
D: + 95 9 300 88 196
Group Head of Immigration Operation
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.