From 15 March 2021, employers who need to bring pass holders to Singapore will need to apply for entry approvals using the ‘Safe Travel portal’ under the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Who will be affected?
Employers and Work Pass holders who are currently overseas and intending to return to Singapore will be affected by this new update.
As of 15 March 2021, employers with work pass holders including those on In-Principal Approval (IPA) or Letter of Consent (LOC) who are currently overseas may submit requests for entry into Singapore using the ‘Safe Travel portal’, instead of the Entry Approval FORMSG by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
The outcome of the request will be released immediately upon successful submission, as opposed to the processing timeline of 1-2 working days by MOM.
The new platform will be applicable to the following group of pass holders:
• Employment Pass (EP),
• Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP),
• those on IPA, Letter of Consent (LOC) and their dependants
• S Pass holders who are NOT from the Construction, Marine Shipyard and Process Sectors
Points to take note:
1. The Work Pass holders will be given a grace period of 3 days to arrive in Singapore based on the date of intended arrival declared to the authorities.
2. There will be an upfront payment for the Stay Home Notice (Dedicated Facility) and Covid-19 Test while serving the Stay Home Notice and this payment will have to be made during the entry approval submission stage.
The below summarizes the different travel schemes applicable for travel between Singapore and the related region:
As the COVID-19 environment continues to develop, frequent revisions to immigration guidelines may take place and sometimes without prior notice.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Ai Leng Chew
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +65 6398 3004
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.