Additional Visa categories allowed to enter the Philippines
The Bureau of Immigration has released an Advisory on the additional categories that may be allowed entry into the Philippines subject to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) guidelines.
Who will be affected?
a. Foreign nationals who are holders of valid Pre-Arranged Employee or 9(g) Visa and ACR I-Card issued by the Bureau of Immigration
b. Foreign nationals who are holders of valid 9(e) Visa
On 17 December 2020, the IATF-MEID released a Resolution No. 89 series of 2020 which included certain visa categories that may be allowed to enter the Philippines. Pursuant to the said resolution, foreign nationals under the following visa categories may now be allowed entry into the Philippines:
a. Foreign nationals with valid 9(g) visa and ACR I-Card
b. Foreign nationals with valid 9(e) visa whose are accredited to the Philippines including foreign embassies and international organization
1. The foreign nationals under the additional categories may now be allowed entry without securing a Travel Ban Exemption (TBE) from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), provided that:
a. They departed the Philippines on 17 December or a later date
b. They have a valid visa (either 9(e) Visa or 9(g) Visa)
c. For 9(g) visa holders, required to present a valid Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card and ECC/SRC (Special Return Certificate)
2. The entry of foreign nationals who will fall in the additional categories mentioned in IATF-MEID Resolution No. 89 are still subject to the following conditions:
a. Must have a valid and existing visa at the time of arrival to the Philippines
b. For 9(g) visa holders: must have a valid AR I-Card and ECC-SRC (Special Return Certificate)
c. Pre-booked accredited quarantine facilities
d. Subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry (this should be coordinated with the airline where the foreign national will book his/her flight)
e. Without prejudice to applicable immigration laws, rules and regulations (Not included in the Bureau of Immigration’s derogatory list)
3. Foreign nationals who are holders of valid 9(e) visa and 9(g) visa but departed the Philippines before 17 December 2020 will not be allowed entry. Hence, they shall secure a TBE from the DFA.
4. Those foreign nationals who fall on the additional visa categories and the application for TBE is currently in process with the DFA can travel back to the Philippines if they leave the country on or after 17 December 2020.
5. Foreign nationals who do not fall under the exempted categories on the travel ban shall not be allowed entry. Hence, certain visa categories (e.g. Student or 9(f) visa, Treaty Trader’s or 9(d) Visa and Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)) are still not allowed entry unless they have secured a travel ban exemption from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
6. Those foreign nationals who will be allowed entry into the Philippines shall still need to comply with the arrival formalities and quarantine protocols upon arrival.
Santa Fe Analysis
We are monitoring any new updates closely and will provide updated information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Ma. Emmariza Ola
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.