DOLE NCR advisories on processing and release of alien employment permits to foreign nationals
The Department of Labor and Employment National Capital Region office (DOLE NCR) has released two (2) advisories in relation to the processing and release of Alien Employment Permit to Foreign nationals.
- Advisory 06-20: Release of Alien Employment Permit (AEP) cards of Approved Applications
- Advisory 07-20: Guidelines for Filing and Issuance of Alien Employment Permit (AEP)
Who will be affected?
- Foreign nationals who will work in the Philippines on a short or long-term assignment/employment and will apply for an Alien Employment Permit (AEP) sponsored by their company.
- Foreign nationals with pending AEP application with DOLE NCR
- Foreign nationals who will apply for the renewal of their AEP
On 15 May 2020, the DOLE NCR had conducted an online survey on the use of courier services for the distribution of the approved and unclaimed Alien Employment Permit (AEP) Cards. Based on the said survey, 64% of the respondents preferred to deliver the AEP Cards via a courier service. Hence, DOLE NCR has partnered with XDE Logistics for this service, which will be provided at an additional fee.
In addition, DOLE NCR will prioritize release of AEP Cards via pick up arrangement through the company’s authorized representative will be implemented on 22 June 2020.
On a separate advisory released on 29 May 2020, DOLE NCR has issued guidelines on the submission and issuance of AEP to Foreign nationals. Under the said advisory, DOLE NCR will implement various additional processes to ensure that physical distancing is being implemented when applying for Company Registration, Submission of New and Renewal of AEP, Release of Approved AEP Cards and Requests for AEP Cancellation and/or AEP Card Replacement. Please contact your Santa Fe for a detailed update on these.
Renewal applications for the expired AEP Cards may still be filed without penalty within 45 days after the lifting of the community quarantine.
- The sponsoring companies and its authorized representatives shall wait for DOLE NCR’s email approval on the request for delivery.
- Delivery of AEP cards shall be within one (1) day or maximum of three (3) working days after payment.
- The sponsoring companies and its authorized representatives shall provide accurate information on the delivery address as it may be misrouted due to incorrect information. If this will be the case, the AEP Cards will be tagged as “Return to Sender” and reshipment fee will be charged equivalent to 50% of the base fee.
- Since the guidelines stipulated in DOLE NCR Advisory 07-20 will be effective on 15 June 2020, sponsoring companies may not be able to file AEP applications from 1 June 2020 to 14 June 2020.
- Advisory 06-20 will be effective on 2 June 2020
- Advisory 07-20 will be effective on 15 June 2020
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe Relocation will continue to assist our clients with the submission of AEP applications and release of approved AEP cards.
We are verifying some information with DOLE NCR on the processing and release of AEP. We will provide updated information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Ma. Emmariza Ola
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.