Suspension on the Processing of Alien Employment Permit (AEP) applications
The Department of Labour and Employment – National Capital Region (DOLE NCR) has issued an Advisory No. 20-04 dated 23rd March 2020 suspending the processing of Alien Employment Permits of Foreign nationals.
Who will be affected?
1. All Foreign nationals who will engage in gainful employment in the National Capital Region and will require an AEP
2. Foreign nationals who will apply for the renewal of their current AEP at DOLE NCR during the enhanced community quarantine
Pursuant to Proclamation Nos. 929 and 922 series of 2020 and the ongoing threat caused by the COVID-19, the DOLE-NCR has issued an advisory suspending the processing of AEP applications, issuance and renewal, until further notice.
- As a result of the suspension, DOLE NCR will not impose any penalty/administrative fine for those AEPs that will expire during the suspension period and will still be considered as a renewal application.
- New AEP application of foreign nationals whose employment, as indicated in the employment contract, will start during the suspension period or the 15 days grace period has already lapsed will not be charged the penalty imposed for late filing.
- Expect increase in the volume of AEP applications that will be processed once DOLE NCR has established its normal operations, hence, may delay the approval and release of the AEP Cards.
- Submission of work visa renewal applications (e.g. Pre-Arranged Employee or 9g visa) that requires the approved AEP Card may delayed.
23rd March 2020 until further notice
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe Relocation is monitoring the situation closely and will provide updated information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Ma. Emmariza Ola
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation is a Global Mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees as well as individuals and their families to relocate and settle in new places. These services are delivered to a consistently high standard, locally and globally, and managed through our own operations around the world. For more information, visit us at santaferelo.com.