Updates on BI and DOLE Transactions during the extended Enhanced Community Quarantine
On 4 May 2020, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) have released two separate issuances in compliance to the foregoing directives of the Philippine government on the extended Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
Who will be affected?
- Foreign nationals, regardless of nationalities, who will engage in gainful employment in the National Capital Region (NCR) and will require a working visa, permit and other immigration-related requirements.
- Foreign nationals, regardless of the nationalities, whose work visa, permit, and temporary visitor’s visa will expire during the ECQ and GCQ.
The Philippine government has extended the ECQ in Luzon from 30 April 2020 to 15 May 2020. Hence, in compliance to the guidelines issued by the concerned government agencies, transactions as prescribed in the advisories of BI dated 19 March 2020 and 26 March 2020 remain suspended except for outbound passengers intending to depart the Philippines.
Additionally, DOLE has issued an advisory pertaining to the guidelines on the interruption of submission of Alien Employment Permits and Private Employment Agency.
Both government agencies provided for a grace period for those working visa, permits and temporary visitor’s visa that expired during the ECQ. In addition, BI will announce the lifting of the temporary suspension once the ECQ is lifted and quarantine measures are set in place.
All previous issuances remain in place until the concerned government agencies lift the suspension and/or restriction.
- All Foreign nationals whose visas will expire during said period will be allowed to file their applications for extension without fines and penalties provided they submit their applications within thirty (30) days from the lifting of the suspension.
- BI shall waive the payment of fines and penalties related to the application of visa extension of all outbound passengers whose visa extension expired during the period of the ECQ/GCQ.
- Outbound passengers will be required to present their outbound tickets prior to entry to any BI offices.
- AEP applications that are due for renewal during the implementation of the ECQ and GCQ can be submitted within forty-five (45) working days after the lifting of the same, without penalty or administrative fines.
- DOLE Regional Offices may issue their own internal guidelines with regard to the acceptance of applications for new and renewal. Social distancing requirement and health and safety measures, shall be implemented in the filing of applications for permits and licenses and issuance thereof.
- Since the ECQ has been extended, applicants may expect long queues in the government agencies and delay in processing and approval of visa and permit applications.
Effective 4 May 2020 until further notice
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe Relocation is monitoring the situation closely and will provide updated information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Ma. Emmariza Ola
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.