The Inter-Agency Task Force released a resolution no. 126 on the extension of the travel restrictions for travellers coming from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, Indonesia, Oman, and the United Arab Emirates until 23:59 of 31 July 2021.
Who will be affected?
a. Foreign nationals from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Indonesia.
b. Arriving Passengers at any of the Philippines international ports.
After further coordination of the IATF with the Philippine Department of Health (DOH), the University of the Philippines-Philippine Genome Center (UP-PGC), and the University of the Philippines-National Institutes of Health (UP-NIH) bio surveillance received information of the existence of B.1.617 variant first detected in India, the travel restrictions have been extended until 31 July 2021.
1. Foreign travellers, regardless of the visa categories, coming from or those who have been to India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Indonesia for the last 14 days prior to arrival to the Philippines will not be allowed entry until 31 July 2021. Hence, those who have booked flights within this period will have to cancel/rebook their flights. It is highly advised not to make any irreversible plans until further advice from the Philippine government is received.
2. Those who will only be transiting in the said countries, have not exited the airport, have not been cleared to enter by immigration authorities in the said countries, and will only be landing for a layover, may be allowed to enter the Philippines provided that:
• They are holders of visas allowed to enter the Philippines pursuant to the relevant IATF resolutions and BI’s advisories
• They have stayed at the airport the whole time and were not cleared to enter the restricted country by its immigration authorities prior to arriving in the Philippines
• Comply with the existing quarantine and immigration protocols and regulations set by the Philippine government for arriving foreign passengers
• They have secured an approval from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on the travel ban exemption and holders of a valid visa issued by any of the Philippine Embassy or Consulate
Effective 13 July 2021.
Santa Fe Analysis
We are monitoring any new updates closely and will provide additional information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following or your respective case consultants.
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.