TECH VISA Program
Effective Regulatory Ordinance No. 328/2018, of 19 December 2018 amended by Administrative Rule no. 99/2019, of April 4 – with the aim of ensuring that foreigners from outside the European Union can access highly qualified staff created by Portuguese companies in a simplified way.
Who will be affected?
- Third-country nationals highly qualified employers non-residents in Portugal.
- In the scope of the National Strategy for Entrepreneurship Startup Portugal, TECH VISA measure was created with a view to the certification of technological and innovative companies for the purpose of granting visas or residence permits to third-country nationals who intend to develop a highly qualified activity in Portugal.
- The aim of this measure is to attract highly qualified and specialized staff from third countries, ensuring that they are able to access in a simplified way jobs created by national technological and innovative companies which are part of the global market.
- To participate in this Program, companies assume a set of obligations and workers wishing to hire will have to meet eligibility requirements defined in the law.
- These workers are issued a term of responsibility that will be one of the necessary documents in the process of issuing visas and granting of residence permits, which is thereby expedited.
- IAPMEI is responsible for the company certification process, which also involves consular services (who grant visas) and the Aliens and Borders Service (which grants residence permits).
- It is planned to set up a Group to monitor the implementation of the Ordinance, with representatives of the Foreign Affairs, Internal Administration and Economics.
- This program intends to expedite the process of granting visas or residence permits for highly qualified workers before the authorities normally involved, SEF and the Consular Services with no need in the process of reports issued by labour regulatory agents.
- Effective 2nd January.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Consultant in Portugal
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel: +351 938212428
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation Services is a global mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees relocate and settle in a new country, assisting them with immigration, home and school searches, language and cultural training, property rentals, and domestic and international household goods shipments. We provide these services to a consistently high standard, locally and globally. A key strength is our ability to manage these services through our own operations around the world. Santa Fe Relocation Services is wholly owned by the Santa Fe Group, which is listed on NASDAQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit us at www.santaferelo.com