Travel bans due to COVID-19
The USA has imposed travel bans on several countries and agreed to close the northern border with Canada as part of their package of measures to control the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who will be affected?
- All foreign nationals in the USA.
- USA citizens have been advised not to undertake international travel.
- As the impact of Coronavirus Covid-19 spreads, the USA has adopted tougher measures at its borders and on its visa regime to restrict travel.
- All visa appointments by U.S. Consulates/Embassies around the globe are suspended.
- Foreign nationals who were physically present within the Schengen Area, China, Iran, the UK or Ireland during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States are banned to enter the U.S. (with rare exceptions).
- The USA will close its northern border with Canada “by mutual consent” to non-essential traffic such as tourists and other visitors.
- The travel ban on foreign nationals recently in the Schengen Area described above is in effect already.
- The border with Canada will close shortly.
Next Steps (or) Actions Required:
- We will monitor the situation on a daily basis and advise of any new measures or policies which may affect our clients accordingly.
We encourage that you check the following documents expiration dates and contact us is any of them are about to expire:
- I-94: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/.
- S. Visa: check your visa expiration date on your visa stamp (does not apply to Canadians).
- Passport: check your passport expiration date.
- I-129S: check your endorsed I-129S expiration date.
- I-797 (Petition-Based Visas, such as: Hs, Ls, Os, Ps, etc.): check the expiration date on the document.
- Employment Authorisation Document: check the expiration of your EAD card.
Santa Fe Analysis:
- Should you be affected by the above measures taken by the USA government, please contact Santa Fe for consultation and assistance in how to proceed.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation UK
Tel.: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation is a Global Mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees as well as individuals and their families to relocate and settle in new places. These services are delivered to a consistently high standard, locally and globally, and managed through our own operations around the world. For more information, visit us at santaferelo.com.