The Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) by air between Malaysia and Singapore is a framework to facilitate two-way travel by individuals who have received a full regimen of a COVID-19 vaccine. Please refer to the announcement made previously, here.
Who are affected?
Any individual who is travelling between Malaysia and Singapore who holds a valid long term pass in either one country.
Under the VTL, fully vaccinated travellers from one country may enter the other country without quarantine, subject to COVID-19 testing and further requirements determined by the receiving country. This will allow both countries to achieve the objective of resuming land connectivity in a safe and careful manner.
The VTL framework is a mutually coordinated arrangement that preserves each country’s ability to determine and alter their border measures under the VTL.
Pre-Departure from Singapore to Malaysia
- Traveller(s) to remain in Malaysia / Singapore for 14 consecutive days prior to travel.
- Traveller(s) to download & register profile in MySejahtera App to get MySj ID
- For Android Users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=my.gov.onegovappstore.mysejahtera
- For iOS Users: https://apps.apple.com/my/app/mysejahtera/id1504055630
- Traveller(s) to register at MySafeTravel portal: www.mysafetravel.gov.my
- Traveller(s) to upload vaccine certificate onto the MySafeTravel portal.
- Traveller(s) to make sure that the vaccine certificate is reflected on MySejahtera 2 days after it is uploaded in the portal.
- Traveller(s) to purchase a travel insurance of RM100,000 minimum coverage for short term visitors and upload the insurance policy into the portal. This will be applicable to land travel in the subsequent phase among VTL travellers who are a short-term visitors (including business and official travellers)
- Traveller(s) to produce a valid national passport or internationally recognised travel document which proves that the travellers have remained in Singapore for the last 14 consecutive days before departing for Malaysia.
- Traveller(s) to have a valid visa to enter Malaysia (if required).
- Traveller(s) to do not require to purchase a return ticket for land travel.
- Traveller(s) to take an RT-PCR test two days before departure or a professionally administered antigen rapid test (ART)/ RT-PCR test.
- Traveller(s) to upload the test result the moment it is received.
- Traveller(s) to book a designated VTL land transport into Malaysia at www.causewaylink.com.my or www.transtar.travel
- Traveller(s) do not require to apply for MYTravelPass approval
On Arrival to Malaysia
- Traveller(s), upon arrival in Malaysia, must undergo an antigen rapid test (RT-Ag) at a designated area in Larkin Sentral Terminal.
- Traveller(s) must register for their on-arrival RT-Ag test at https://oat.vtl.johortravelsafe.my/, after boarding the bus.
At immigration, VTL travellers who are travelling from Singapore must present to the immigration officer:
- A valid national passport or internationally recognised travel document which proves that the traveller has remained in Singapore for the last 14 consecutive days before departing for Malaysia.
- A valid visa [for visa-required traveller(s)]
- Boarding pass
During Stay in Malaysia
- Adhere to prevailing public health measures
- Activate the MYSejahtera app at all times
Travel between both countries will resume to almost normalcy with tightened SOPs.
Effective from 29 November 2021.
How Santa Fe can assist
Santa Fe can support on the above process by vetting the relevant documentations for accuracy so that you may travel in peace and guiding on further questions you might have.
Santa Fe can also support your business with any immigration compliance and advisory issues concerning your expatriate population. We can review current employees’ visas and assist with necessary advice or solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with the Malaysian Immigration Act and Regulations.
We will also keep your business updated on ongoing developments on all Malaysian immigration matters and will advise on any changes requiring your attention.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +60 19 600 6900
Ai Leng Chew
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +65 6398 3004
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.