Immediate suspension of all commercial passengers and cargo flights between the United States and Venezuela
Effective May 15th, The Department of Transportation of the United States of America has suspended air service, passengers and cargo flights, to and from Venezuela. This will be in effect until further notice.
Based on an investigation conducted by the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Transportation of The United States of America has suspended all passenger and cargo commercial flights between both countries. As per DHS appreciation, it represents a high risk for the United States to keep these commercial flights operating due to the possibility of Maduro’s regime to action against US and/or US interests.
Who will be affected?
All individuals with need to travel between both countries.
This will affect not only commercial travel between both countries, but the quality of living in the country due to the cancellation of cargo flights.
May 15th, 2019.
Next steps / Actions required
- All US citizens must follow advice given by their Embassy.
- All individuals in need of travelling between both countries must look for alternate flight strategies, like third country landing to continue their way to their final destination. We strongly recommend to contact your Santa Fe or HRS specialist for support and alternative options.
- Contact your Santa Fe specialist for more advice on how to proceed and alternative options
- Let any US citizen adhere to the United States Embassy’s advice
- Consider the possibility of costs increase if in the need of sending/receiving personnel from/to both countries
More information at
You can find more information about this at
For further information or assistance please contact:
Group Immigration Supply Chain Manager
Santa Fe Relocation London
D: +44 (0)208 963 3597
M: +44 (0) 73 8411 3710
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation Services is a global mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees relocate and settle in a new country, assisting them with immigration, home and school searches, language and cultural training, property rentals, and domestic and international household goods shipments. We provide these services to a consistently high standard, locally and globally. A key strength is our ability to manage these services through our own operations around the world. Santa Fe Relocation Services is wholly owned by the Santa Fe Group, which is listed on NASDAQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit us at www.santaferelo.com