On 10 December 2020, the Bureau of Immigration has released an advisory regarding the Annual Report for 2021. All foreign nationals, immigrant and non-immigrant categories, holding a valid Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (“ACR I-Card”) or paper based ACR, shall, within the first sixty (60) days of every calendar year, report in person to the Bureau of Immigration (“BI”) Main office at Intramuros, Manila, or to any BI satellite offices to comply with the Annual Report 2021.
Who will be affected?
The following foreign nationals are required to comply with the Annual Report 2021:
- All Foreign nationals including their accompanying dependents who are holders of valid Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (“ACR I-Card”) are required to comply with the Annual Report 2021 (except for tourist visa holders);
Foreign nationals may be exempted from personal appearance during this process subject to the following conditions:
- Those who are below 14 years old (The parent or legal guardian of a person who is less than fourteen (14) years of age shall have the duty of reporting for such person);
- Those who are 60 years old and above;
- Those who are mentally or physically incapacitated provided that a Person with Disability (PWD) ID is presented; and
- Pregnant women and those who are sick provided that a medical certificate is issued by a registered OB-Gyne or hospital where such foreign national is confined, with a 1-week advance written request for exemption duly approved by the ARD Chief.
In compliance with the Republic Act No. 562 otherwise known as the Alien Registration Act of 1950, all foreign nationals with immigrant and non-immigrant visas who registered with the Bureau of Immigration shall report to the BI annually within the first sixty (60) days of every calendar year.
- Foreign nationals and their accompanying dependents are required to book an appointment with the BI’s online appointment system at http://e-services.immigration.gov.ph. Those who do not have a confirmed appointment will not be allowed entry.
- Saturdays are reserved to those who will be availing the services of any of the accredited agencies and remote Annual Report for bulk applicants which can be requested by any foreign embassies or groups. Number of applicants for remote AR shall exceed ten foreign nationals.
- Those who are exempted from the personal appearance may comply with AR 2021 through an authorized representative with Special Power of Attorney.
- Foreign nationals and their accompanying dependents (14 years old and above) are required to personally go to the Bureau of Immigration Main office or any other BI satellite offices to comply with the Annual Report 2021.
- Foreign nationals who will fail to comply within the prescribed period shall be directed to pay a fine of Two Hundred Pesos per month and be required to submit a Motion for Reconsideration explaining the reason of late compliance with the annual reporting. Furthermore, non-compliance may result in imposition of administrative fine and/or imprisonment, at the option of the Commissioner of Immigration.
- Foreign nationals including their dependents who are required to personally appear for the Annual Report 2021 should allocate at least 1 hour.
Annual Report 2021 will be from 01 January 2021 to 01 March 2021
How Santa Fe can assist you
Santa Fe will accompany the foreign nationals and dependents during the Annual Reporting. We will likewise perform the following actions required for this process:
- Prepare necessary requirements, forms and any other documents to be signed by the foreign national and/or dependent(s);
- Complete the updating of the Annual Report form before completing the Annual Reporting for year 2021 for those foreign nationals who have not been issued a Special Security Registration Number (SSRN); and
- Complete online updating in the Annual Report Database System, if necessary.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Ma. Emmariza Ola
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.