Make your new house a home
Our settling-in service is designed to empower you with all the local knowledge and information you need to make your relocation easy and stress-free.
It all starts with a telephone or email-based needs assessment so that our experts can get to know you. We’ll ask a series of questions to understand you and your needs, and this will form the basis from which we’ll develop your tailored settling-in experience.
New area welcome pack
Before your big move, you’ll receive a handy welcome pack containing specialised local knowledge, advice and information which will help you to get to know your new area in more detail. It’ll answer all the vital questions you have about the area and local amenities.
Then, when you move, you’ll get a tailored programme of one or two days with a local expert to get you situated, acclimatised and, most importantly, settled in your new home.
What your package looks like is determined by the outcome of your needs assessment, so you won’t get any of what you don’t need, and plenty of what you do need.
We’re not just here for the heavy lifting. We want to make your moving journey a success and help you to make the most of your new home. If there’s anything you’re nervous about or any aspect of your move you’d like help with, just let us know. Our Move Specialists are on-hand to take care of you throughout your move.
Examples of Settling-In services:
- Recommendation for a handyman
- Maid service
- Guidance on setting up a bank account
- Setting up utilities for your new home
- Neighbourhood orientation tour
- Registration with local authorities, where applicable
- Obtaining local licences, where applicable
- Guidance on car and property insurance
- Overview of local health care system.
- Furniture rentals.
- Setting up TV, internet and telephone lines including mobile phones
- Locating local services including doctors, shops, places of worship, specialist grocers
- Help with obtaining car rentals and driving licences
- A detailed needs analysis personalised to your family
- Overview and explanation of your destination country’s school system
- School comparisons and shortlist to help you narrow down your choice
- Guidance throughout the process from administration to acceptance
- Setting up interviews with schools
- Assistance with school registration
Get in touch
Whether you are moving locally or internationally we are here to help you. Get in touch now to speak with one of our consultants.