The guidelines for the international travellers to India continue to be formulated taking the risk-based approach. This is cognizance of the fact that economic activities need to be taken up without hindrance.
Who are affected?
All International travellers
The revised Standard Operating Procedure shall be valid w.e.f. 14th February 2022 (00.01 Hrs IST) till further notice. The SOP shall be reviewed based on the risk assessment.
International Travellers travelling to India should:
1) Before travel
- Submit complete and information in self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration) before the scheduled travel, including last 14 days travel details.
- Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report (The test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey) or Certificate of completing full primary vaccination schedule of COVID-19 vaccination
2) Before boarding
- At the time of boarding the flight, only asymptomatic travellers will be allowed to board after thermal screening.
- Airlines will allow boarding to those travellers who have filled in the Self Declaration Form on the Air Suvidha portal, uploaded the negative RT-PCR test report or COVID -19 vaccination certificate of having completed the primary vaccination schedule.
- All travellers should download Aarogya Setu app on their mobile devices.
3) On arrival
- Thermal screening will be carried out for all travellers at the airport
- Travellers found symptomatic during screening shall be immediately isolated and taken to medical facility as per health protocol.
- If tested positive, their contacts shall be identified and managed as per laid down protocol.
- All travellers will self-monitor their health for next 14 days of arrival.
- If the traveller under home quarantine or self-health monitoring; develops signs and symptoms suggested of Covid-19 or test positive on re-testing should immediately self-isolate and report to the nearest health facility or call National helpline number (1075).
– These instructions are in addition to the travel restrictions/ advisories already issued and under implementation.
For additional details regarding arrival procedures when entering India, please check:
Bureau Of Immigration (boi.gov.in)
Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) for travel on Vande Bharat and Air Transport Bubble flights
- Persons interested in travelling to India on Vande Bharat flights, will register themselves with the Indian Missions in the country where they are stranded/ residing, along with necessary details as prescribed by MEA.
- Registration may not be required on flights operating under Air Transport Bubbles arrangements.
• Vande Bharat Mission : https://www.mea.gov.in/vande-bharat-mission-list-of-flights.htm
• Air Transport Bubbles Arrangement: https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/about-air-transport-bubbles
• SOP for travel on Vande Bharat Scheme and Air Transport Bubble Arrangement: https://www.mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/MHASOP_22082020.pdf
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe will update about any relevant immigration update arising considering the scenario is continuously changing.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers.
Check in with your closest Indian Mission for guidance on travel to India.
Santa Fe Relocation provides full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +91 22 450 24527
Regional Immigration Director–India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.