The pandemic has generated significant change and challenges within global organisations, particularly for the human resources (HR) and GM professionals. Their increased visibility with internal leadership and stakeholders has required wider engagement focusing on the formal GM programme and the wider global workforce, because cross-border remote working and virtual assignments have become a complex additional responsibility.
- check_circleHow COVID-19 redefines Global Mobility and makes it visible
- check_circleStrategic workforce planning
- check_circleBuilding a business case for international assignments
- check_circleOpportunity for better data
- check_circleA growing trend to invest in technology
The evolving nature of global talent mobility has not just occurred since the pandemic commenced. We had referenced in GMS 2019 that CHROs reported a requirement to focus on sourcing new talent and repurposing existing employees in the face of rapidly evolving roles, digitalisation, changing business models and new geographic and product advancements.
- check_circleStrategic and business driver insights
- check_circleTaking the lead on hybrid working
- check_circleUnderstanding the COVID-19 impact on Global Mobility
- check_circlePredicted resurgence of international assignments
- check_circleEquality, Diversity & Inclusion considerations
- check_circleAdoption of Core/Flex policies
The pandemic has propelled risk up the league table of challenging issues impacting business stability and sustainability. Organisations are seeking to rapidly adjust to a new norm of virtual, remote and hybrid working arrangements whilst simultaneously resolving the retrospective compliance complexities created by a displaced workforce. The pressure on GM professionals to proactively manage this increasingly complex workload alongside the strategic priorities of the business is immense.
- check_circle A climate of uncertainty
- check_circleBridging the data gap
- check_circleBusiness travel outlook
- check_circleCrisis management learnings
- check_circleDuty of care in the pandemic era
- check_circleRising to the compliance challenge
- check_circleIncreased innovation and stakeholder engagement