Travel and visa restrictions related to COVID-19
Bureau of Immigration in India has issued a circular on additional travel restrictions to prevent further COVID-19 outbreak.
Who will be affected?
- Travelers to India who have been to China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Japan, France, Germany and Spain
- All regular (sticker) Visas/e-Visas (including VoA for Japan and South Korea)
- All regular (Sticker) Visas/ e-visas are no longer valid for holders of China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Japan, France, Germany and Spain passports and applicants of other nationalities residing in these countries until further notice
- All aforementioned restricted categories of foreign nationals may not enter India from any air, land or seaport ICPs. Those requiring travelling to India due to compelling reasons may seek a fresh visa from the nearest Indian embassy/consulate and should carry ‘Tested Negative for COVID-19’ medical certificate from designated laboratories
- Indian nationals coming from Italy and South Korea should carry “Tested Negative for COVID-19” certificates.
- All incoming international passengers returning to India should self-monitor their health and follow required Do’s and Don’ts as detailed by Government.
- Non-compliance with the authorities’ requests to do the testing or those who cannot be contacted afterwards may face penalties and prosecution.
Santa Fe Analysis
In lieu of the latest measures rolled out, during the time taken to get the swab test results from the authorities, it is advisable to minimize contact with others as a precautionary measure.
And in general, as authorities have not stipulated any timeline for the additional measures implemented, affected travelers should refrain from making travel plans to India as much as possible until further advice is received from the relevant government bodies.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travelers and also to keep business travels to a minimum.
As COVID-19 continues to spread to more countries and infect more people, we recommend practicing hygiene and safety measures first.
For more information:
Bureau of Immigration: https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-travel-and-visa-restrictions-related-covid-19
Ministry of Health: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/AdditionalTravelAdvisory10032020.pdf
Ministry of Health: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/AdditionalTravelAdvisory1homeisolation.pdf
Santa Fe Relocation provide full range of Immigration Services.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
India Immigration Manager – India
Santa Fe Relocation
D : +91 22 450 24527
E : Roshni.Ramachandran@santaferelo.com
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D : +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M : +27 (0) 83 677 7949
E : Paolo.Longo@santaferelo.com
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.