Immigration Update: Philippines | DOLE NCR Survey on the release of AEP Cards
On 15 May 2020, the Department of Labor and Employment – National Capital Region (DOLE NCR) issued an advisory on the online survey regarding the use of courier services for the distribution of the approved and unclaimed Alien Employment Permit (AEP) Cards during the quarantine period.
Who will be affected?
- Foreign nationals who have applied for an issuance or renewal of AEP with DOLE NCR before the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine on the 16 March 2020.
On 23 March 2020, the DOLE NCR issued an Advisory No. 20-04 suspending the issuance and renewal of AEP in response to the guidelines imposed during the Enhance Community Quarantine (ECQ). In addition, the authorities will not impose any administrative fine for those AEPs that have expired, including new AEP applications whose period of employment was effective during ECQ.
Furthermore, DOLE NCR has announced, through the Labor Advisory No. 16 series of 2020, that all AEP applications (issuance and renewal) that will be affected by the ECQ and General Community Quarantine (GCQ), will be given a grace period of 45 days after the quarantine has been lifted to file the said application.
On the recent Advisory dated 15 May 2020, the foreign nationals have the option to avail a courier service or collect the unclaimed AEP Cards from DOLE NCR office.
- Foreign nationals with unclaimed AEP Cards will have the option to choose a courier service for the delivery of the AEP Cards or collect the said cards from DOLE NCR office. They have to complete an online survey via this link (https://tinyurl.com/dole-ncr-aep-delivery-survey) and choose their preferred mode of arrangement for the unclaimed AEP cards.
- For those foreign nationals who will make use of a courier service, they have to indicate the same information indicated in the AEP application as well as in the Business/Mayor’s Permit of the sponsoring company.
- The foreign national may be required to personally receive the AEP card from the courier personnel and may be required to follow precautionary measures (e.g. wearing of face mask) when receiving the original AEP card.
- While those who prefer collection of AEP Cards from DOLE NCR office will have to set up a collection date/time via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the proposed collection date. The foreign national has to wait for the authorities’ confirmation on the release date of his/her AEP Card.
Effective 15 May 2020
Santa Fe Analysis
Santa Fe Relocation is monitoring the situation closely and will provide updated information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Ma. Emmariza Ola
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.