The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) has released a resolution on inbound international travel to any port of the Philippines of all individuals fully vaccinated in the Philippines regardless of travel history, and those vaccinated abroad who stayed exclusively in “Green” countries/jurisdictions in the past fourteen days immediately preceding arrival.
Who will be affected?
a. Foreign nationals who have resided in the 57 countries for 14 days prior to travelling to the Philippines.
b. Foreign nationals who have been fully vaccinated.
c. Arriving Passengers to any of the Philippines international ports.
On 28 June 2021, the IATF released RESOLUTION NO. 123-C which allows the entry of all individuals fully vaccinated in the Philippines regardless of travel history, and those vaccinated abroad who stayed exclusively in “Green” countries/jurisdictions in the past fourteen days prior to their arrival in the Philippines. Subsequently, on 30 June 2021, the IATF released RESOLUTION NO. 124-A, indicating the list of “Green” countries/jurisdictions being those classified by the Philippines’ Department of Health (DOH) as “Low Risk” countries based on a set incidence rate.
“Green” countries/jurisdictions are those classified by the Department of Health as “Low Risk” countries/jurisdictions based on disease incidence rate, as follows:
An individual shall be considered as having been fully vaccinated for COVID-19:
• More than or equal to 2 weeks after having received the second dose in a 2-dose series, or
• More than or equal to 2 weeks after having received a single-dose vaccine.
• The vaccines administered to the individual are included in any of the following:
a. Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) List or
b. Compassionate Special Permit (CSP) issued by the Philippine Food and Drug Administration; or
c. Emergency Use Listing of the World Health Organization.
Fully vaccinated individuals shall carry the following as proof of their vaccination status:
• Those fully vaccinated in the Philippines must carry their vaccination card which should be verified prior to their departure by a certification issued through the Certificate of Vaccination Record Portal of the Department of Information and Communications Technology or the City Health Officer of the local government unit which administered the full vaccination; or
• Those fully vaccinated in countries/jurisdictions outside the Philippines must carry their official documentation of full vaccination validated through the Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLO), or present their International Certificate of Vaccination, whichever is applicable.
• The aforementioned documents must be presented to the dedicated Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) representative for re-verification at the Department of Transportation One-Stop-Shop (OSS) upon arrival in the Philippines;
Individuals, who are fully vaccinated in the Philippines regardless of travel history, or those vaccinated abroad who stayed exclusively in “Green” countries/jurisdictions in the past fourteen days prior to their arrival in the Philippines, shall be governed by the following guidelines:
1. shall be required to undergo a seven (7) –day facility-based quarantine upon arrival, with the date of arrival being the first day.
2. Undergo Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing on the fifth day of facility-based quarantine with day one being the date of arrival. Should the RT-PCR test yield a negative result, the individual shall complete the seven-day facility-based quarantine; but if found positive, he/she shall follow the prescribed isolation protocols.
3. Upon completion of the seven (7)-day facility-based quarantine, the BOQ shall issue a Quarantine Certificate indicating therein the individual’s vaccination status.
Effective 1st July 2021.
Santa Fe Analysis
We are monitoring any new updates closely and will provide additional information once available.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Immigration Team Lead
Santa Fe Relocation Philippines
Tel.: +63 917 8661 051
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.