The Inter-Agency Task Force released an extension of the travel restrictions for travellers coming from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand until 2359 H of 31 August 2021.
Who will be affected?
a. Foreign nationals from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
b. Arriving Passengers at any of the Philippines international ports.
c. Foreign nationals who have resided in the 36 countries for 14 days prior to travelling to the Philippines.
Travel Ban Extension
After further coordination of the IATF with the Philippine Department of Health (DOH), the University of the Philippines-Philippine Genome Center (UP-PGC), and the University of the Philippines-National Institutes of Health (UP-NIH) biosurveillance has likewise received information on the existence of B.1.617 variant first detected in India, the travel restrictions have been extended until 31 August 2021.
Update to the list of Green Countries
Please see our previous post here
1. Foreign travellers, regardless of the visa categories, coming from or those who have been to India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand for the last 14 days prior to arrival to the Philippines will not be allowed entry until 31 August 2021.
2. Those who will only be transiting in the said countries, have not exited the airport, have not been cleared to enter by immigration authorities in the said countries, and will only be landing for a layover, may be allowed to enter the Philippines provided they:
• Are holders of visas allowed to enter the Philippines pursuant to the relevant IATF resolutions and BI’s advisories
• Have stayed at the airport the whole time and were not cleared to enter the restricted country by its immigration authorities prior to arrival to the Philippines
• Comply with the existing quarantine and immigration protocols and regulations set by the Philippine government for arriving foreign passengers
• Have secured an approval from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on the travel ban exemption and holders of a valid visa issued by any of the Philippine Embassy or Consulate
3. Individuals, who are fully vaccinated in the Philippines regardless of travel history, or those vaccinated abroad who stayed exclusively in “Green” countries/jurisdictions in the past fourteen days prior to their arrival in the Philippines, shall be governed by the following guidelines:
a. Shall be required to undergo a seven (7) –day facility-based quarantine upon arrival, with the date of arrival being the first day.
b. Undergo Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing on the fifth day of facility-based quarantine with day one being the date of arrival. Should the RT-PCR test yield a negative result, the individual shall complete the seven-day facility-based quarantine; but if found positive, he/she shall follow the prescribed isolation protocols.
Upon completion of the seven (7)-day facility-based quarantine, the BOQ shall issue a Quarantine Certificate indicating therein the individual’s vaccination status.
Effective 12 August 2021
Santa Fe Analysis
We are monitoring any new updates closely and will provide additional information once available. Those who are covered by the travel restrictions, and who have booked flights within this period will have to cancel/rebook their flights. It is highly advised not to make any irreversible plans until further advice from the Philippine government is received.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following or your respective case consultants.
Santa Fe Relocation
Tel.: +63 917 848 6830
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.