Immigration update: Thailand | International flight ban extended until 30 June, 2020
The CAAT (Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand) has just further extended the Emergency Decree which temporarily prohibits the inbound transport of passengers until Jun 30, 2020, effective immediately.
Who will be affected?
All travelers entering Thailand
In order to maintain control of the spread of COVID-19, the CAAT has just announced to further extend the international flight ban until Jun 30, 2020.
The extended international flight ban carries the following orders:
- Prohibits the transport of passengers entering Thailand until Jun 30, 2020 temporarily;
- Flight permits issued by the CAAT to aircrafts transporting passengers to Thailand within the above mentioned period will be repealed;
- The flight ban does not apply to the following aircrafts:
- State or military aircrafts;
- Emergency landing aircrafts;
- Technical landing aircrafts without passengers disembarking the plane;
- Aircrafts flying for humanitarian assistance, medical aviation, or transportation of relief supplies for those affected by COVID-19;
- Repatriation flights;
- Cargo aircrafts
Passengers under category 3 shall be subject to communicable disease prevention and control measures specified in the communicable disease law, e.g. 14-day quarantine.
This announcement will stand until Jun 30, 2020 or until further notice.
Santa Fe Analysis:
As COVID-19 situation continues to escalate, we recommend all travelers to practice hygiene and safety measures first and avoid non-essential travels in this special time.
If your visa application is impacted by the above flight ban, please reach out to your local Santa Fe Consultant for further advice and support.
For more information or assistance please contact:
Immigration Manager – Thailand
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +66 2742 9890 ext.146
M: +66 98 267 6975
Group Head of Immigration Operations
Santa Fe Relocation
D: +44 7990 021125
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.