Dubai set to welcome visitors & tourists from July 2020
Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management announced measures to allow citizens and expatriates to travel abroad and for tourists to visit the emirate from July 7, 2020.
New air travel protocols were announced by the Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management in Dubai for tourists and visitors looking to enter Dubai.
Dubai Media Office said there was an approval process co-ordinated by the airlines and Dubai’s immigration service, General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
The application process is yet to be set out and the authorities have been contacted for further updates
As an International visitor or tourist, one must satisfy the following conditions,
- Fulfil entry visa requirements to visit the UAE.
- Do a polymerise chain reaction (PCR) test with a maximum validity of four days (96 hours) ahead of the date of departure. They will be required to show proof of not being infected with the virus on arrival at Dubai airports. If they cannot provide proof, they will undergo a PCR test at the airport, or they may be denied entry at the discretion of authorities.
- Have a valid health insurance to enter the country.
- Fill the ‘Health Declaration Form’ before embarking.
- Download the COVID-19 DXB app and register details. This is critically important since it facilitates easy coordination and communication with the health authorities if tourists experience COVID-19 symptoms.
- Know that airlines have the right to refuse boarding at the airport of departure if they display any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Undergo thermal screenings at the airport.
Upon arrival in Dubai:
- If a traveller is suspected to have COVID-19 symptoms, Dubai Airports has the right to re-test to ensure the tourist is free of the virus
- It is mandatory for COVID-positive tourists to isolate themselves at an institutional facility provided by the government for 14 days at their own expense
Traveler responsibilities (CITIZENS, RESIDENTS AND TOURISTS)
- Adhere to all official measures and requirements established by the Dubai Government and other countries before traveling and after returning to Dubai
- Disclose any symptoms before traveling by filling in the form provided by the airline.
- Ensure you have international health insurance coverage before traveling.
- Citizens must notify UAE embassies if they are infected with COVID-19 while they are abroad.
- Residents and tourists will bear the costs of examination and treatment abroad, in the event they are infected with COVID-19.
- Travellers must strictly follow physical distancing guidelines in accordance with measures followed at Dubai airports, and always use face masks.
- Take precautionary measures and self-monitor for any symptoms of COVID-19.
How Santa Fe can assist?
Authorities have not stipulated the application process, timelines for issuance of tourist or visit visas to enter Dubai. Travellers with nationalities who are allowed a visa on arrival can start making appointments for the PCR tests in respective countries.
For employers, it is advised to keep assignment start dates flexible for affected travellers, but business travel planning can commence.
Santa Fe can support your business with the issuance of tourist, visit and business visas and any immigration compliance and advisory issues concerning your expatriate population. We can review current employees’ visas and assist with necessary advice or solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with the UAE Regulations.
We will also keep your business updated on ongoing developments on all UAE immigration matters and will advise on any changes requiring your attention.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Senior Immigration Consultant – UAE
Santa Fe Relocation
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
D: +97 143 321 595
M: +97 155 367 9870
Regional Immigration Director – India, Middle East & Africa
Santa Fe Relocation
Johannesburg, South Africa
D: +27 (0) 10 595 2337
M: +27 (0) 83 677 7949
To read more immigration updates, click here
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.